Posted by The LAYEN Team on 1/20/2016 to Bluetooth
USING A BLUETOOTH RECEIVER WITH A LAPTOP (or MAC)Because all laptops are set up completely differently, customers do sometimes experience issues with connecting or trying to enable the Bluetooth function (writing this now I myself had a similar initial problem using a brand spanking new Dell Inspiron - the 'Special Edition Multi-Media' model which should have had no issues!).
Each laptop is different, but there are number of things you can do:
- Firstly check your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Second is to check your laptop has found the receiver.
- Third is to actually pair with it - you may have found the device in your Bluetooth list but have you actually paired?
- Some other points of advice: try clearing your Bluetooth list, and turning the Bluetooth on and off; make sure you are not too far away when initially pairing; and lastly go to windows troubleshooting to assess the issue.
- Most times Windows will automatically solve the issue, occasionally you will need to download new drivers which will fix the issue and have you up and running.
- Another thing to try is switching the Wi-Fi on and off then trying to reconnect to the Bluetooth receiver.